Mubadala’s Al Maryah Island is set to become a dynamic Central Business District (CBD) as designated by the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council.
Al Maryah Island is a vibrant, 24-hour commercial, leisure and entertainment hub with premium office accommodation, comprehensive transport infrastructure and convenient connectivity.
In addition to providing a pedestrian-friendly public realm, the destination hosts luxury business hotels, a unique residential neighbourhood, retail offerings as well as community facilities, public amenities, parks, open spaces and extensive food and beverage outlets.
The Island occupies a unique location between Abu Dhabi’s existing downtown district, the upcoming developments at Al Reem Island and Mina Zayed, and the new cultural options on Saadiyat Island.
Developed with a phased approach, phase 1 of the Al Maryah Island includes:
- Sowwah Square that comprises four international grade ‘A’ office towers, with a total of 180,000 m3 premium commercial space:
Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) – the iconic new HQ building of the ADX
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi – a landmark business hotel
- Four Season Hotel Abu Dhabi, and
- The Gelleria, Sowwah Square – Abu Dhabi’s next retail destination
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Investment Plots – leading local financial institutions, etc.
NMDC was awarded the site preparation work which paved the foundation for subsequent projects . The scope included; dredging, reclamation, segregation of material and installation of Quay Wall construction. The dredged materials (about 6 million m3) was used to reshape the Island and as fill material for the construction. Approximately 1,450 meters of precast Quay wall was installed.
|Location||Abu Dhabi , U.A.E|
|Period||2008 – 2010|